Island Locks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locksmith Forum for Professional Locksmiths

5% Discount Code
ISLANDLOCKS

Top posters

Jay Dorner (5192)
Usernames Bar_leftUsernames BarUsernames Bar_right 
Rick 'The Pick' Lee (3412)
Stuart Game MBLI (3188)
Kevin Gibson (3186)
Dave Tipper MMLA (2802)
Derek Mercer (2681)
Simon Trifunovic (2324)
Ben Gatenby (2202)
Philip Orrow (1989)
Garry Collins (1973)

Latest topics

» Martin pink pick gun
Usernames Empty29th May 2021, 6:04 pm by Guest

» Usernames
Usernames Empty4th March 2018, 7:57 am by Derek Mercer

» Registration
Usernames Empty14th January 2016, 4:20 pm by Thomas docherty

» Registration to the Forum
Usernames Empty26th December 2015, 7:32 am by Kevin Gibson

4 posters

Usernames

Jay Dorner
    Jay Dorner
    Admin
    Admin

Usernames Empty Usernames

Post by Jay Dorner 20th November 2014, 9:13 am

Hi all.

One of the few rules of the forum is that we use our real first and second names. The registration process only asks for a 'Username' but I have added a note to say that this must be a real name. It is also stated in the T&C's of the forum which must be accepted before you complete the registration form.

It seems that a lot of people miss this and register with nicknames etc? Ones that I can validate with website, company name etc I activate, and then send a PM or email to ask for the username to be updated. I see though that some still login and ignore the request and I simply don't have time to send constant reminders.

I am trying to come up with a more suited registration form but the forum host company does not yet allow me to edit the current form. I am looking at a third party registration form which I can use in place of the forumotion one.

Anyone who has registered in the last couple of weeks, and have not yet updated their username, please do so as I will have to otherwise delete the account.

It's a simple rule of the forum and one I think most appreciate the need for.

Thanks.
    David Cawthray
    David Cawthray

Usernames Empty Re: Usernames

Post by David Cawthray 20th November 2014, 5:34 pm

If you do not comply Jay waves BYE BYE, simples
    Kevin Gibson
    Kevin Gibson
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kevin Gibson 24th November 2014, 6:17 pm

Jay Dorner wrote:Hi all.

One of the few rules of the forum is that we use our real first and second names. The registration process only asks for a 'Username' but I have added a note to say that this must be a real name. It is also stated in the T&C's of the forum which must be accepted before you complete the registration form.

It seems that a lot of people miss this and register with nicknames etc? Ones that I can validate with website, company name etc I activate, and then send a PM or email to ask for the username to be updated. I see though that some still login and ignore the request and I simply don't have time to send constant reminders.

I am trying to come up with a more suited registration form but the forum host company does not yet allow me to edit the current form. I am looking at a third party registration form which I can use in place of the forumotion one.

Anyone who has registered in the last couple of weeks, and have not yet updated their username, please do so as I will have to otherwise delete the account.

It's a simple rule of the forum and one I think most appreciate the need for.

Thanks.
    Just a reminder .if you not sure how to change it PM
    Tagir Evseev

Usernames Empty Register on forum a master with the other countries

Post by Tagir Evseev 3rd March 2018, 5:51 pm

Hi!
     I work locksmiths in Ukraine. 
    I work on apartment locks, safes and full restoration of lost car keys. Question. You take to the forum of masters from another country? Thanks
    Derek Mercer
    Derek Mercer
    Epic Poster
    Epic Poster

Post by Derek Mercer 4th March 2018, 7:57 am

Hello Tagir and welcome to the forum, this forum shares with all other locksmiths it doesnt matter which country your from looking forward to hearing how its done in the Ukraine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 1:16 am